It’s here! Our 3rd Annual Home Brew Competition!
Like previous years, Steins will reproduce the winner’s beer and throw it onto our rotating list. We’ll also donate 100% of the proceeds to a charity of the winner’s choosing.
This year the theme is, “Nägar The Destroyer”. That’s it. You tell us what beer we should be drinking. Use Nagar the Destroyer as your inspiration to brew the perfect beer for this year’s competition.
As this is a certified BJCP event, we ask that your beer adheres to any style of the 2015 BJCP guidelines. We will follow the traditional BJCP judging practices. The winner of the Best in Show round will have their beer poured at our restaurant the following year.
Please drop off your beers a week before the judging panel between March 11th to 16th, 2017 between 11am to 2pm. (If you cannot drop it off during the timeframe, contact us and we can arrange special instructions)
Here are the details:
– Only one beer per applicant. Two bottles per entry.
– Each bottle cannot have markings or printed labels.
– We prefer 12 ounce brown bottles with unmarked caps. Printed caps should be blacked out with marker.
– We are accepting up to 75 entries only!
– Beers must be brewed in a home setting, no commercial or brewed on-site beers will be allowed.
– The beer must have been brewed by the person entering it. Team beers are acceptable, but the entrant must have been an active participant in the brewing process.
– This contest is for beer only. No meads, ciders, or wines.
– Ingredients must be easily procured and reasonably priced as we will be producing and serving the winning beer at Steins.
– The winning entrant must provide a detailed recipe with list of ingredients. Recipe will not be distributed or used other than for production and one time serving at Steins Beer Garden.
To keep this manageable for our judges, we are limiting the entries to 75. Therefore, once we hit the cut off, no additional entries will be accepted.
Again, Beer entries must be made to one of the BJCP style categories. All styles of beer will be accepted!
Award Announcement and Prize:
The winners will be announced at Steins Beer Garden at our anniversary party on Saturday, March 25th, 2016. You will be able to pick up your scoresheets after the event.
The winner will have their beer brewed at a local commercial brewery and served on draft at Steins Beer Garden. All proceeds from the beer will go to a charity of the winner’s choosing. Eligible charities must have tax-exempt status and eligibility to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
If you have any questions, please contact Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are so excited to see what style of beer YOU think calls out to, “Nägar The Destroyer”!!